304 dining chair

This cantilever, with leather seat and back was first shown at the Weissenhof Housing
Exhibition, 1927. From 1927 till 1930 it was produced by Berliner Metallgewerbe Joseph
Muller. In 1931, the technical director of this factory opened his own company, Bamberg
Metallwerkstatten, Berlin, which took over the production of the furniture of Mies and of Lilly
Reich. While Mies admitted the priority of the cantilever of Mart Stam, he claimed for himself
the distinction of having designed the first cantilever to make use of the spring quality of
cold-rolled tubular steel. He applied for a patent on August 24, 1927.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Designer

Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe, year 1927
Certified italian quality of MVSEVM

Dimensions

cm 47x69x84h

Structure

Chair with frame in chrome-plated or painted tubular steel. Seat and back in natural hand-woven cane.

Finishings

Available in different steel lacquers